BEING AN AMA NJ COLLEGIATE MEMBER
From career resources, to professional development, planning and execution of collegiate chapter events to taking part in the many marketing competitions offered annually, AMA collegiate members put classroom theory into practice!
The following universities are AMA New Jersey Collegiate Chapters:
- College of New Jersey
- DeVry University
- Keller Graduate School of Management Online Chapter
- Montclair State University
- New Jersey City University
- Rider University
- Rowan University
Thinking About Starting A Collegiate Chapter?
Collegiate Membership in the American Marketing Association Opens Up Your Professional Possibilities.
As a member, you have immediate opportunities for professional development and networking, as well as access to the latest in marketing news, insights, and information. You can even take advantage of exclusive member discounts.
AMA competitions and activities can take your Marketing Club to the next level. Along with the many leadership development opportunities that come from running your chapter. Affiliating an AMA Chapter on your campus can be a professionally and socially rewarding experience. All it takes is a committed leader to start the process!
To affiliate with AMA, take the following steps:
- SUBMIT A PETITION containing the signatures of 10 collegiate students who are willing to become AMA members and the first members of your chapter; collegiate chapters must reach and maintain a minimum of 10 members within two years of affiliation
- Find a faculty member on your campus who will serve as faculty advisor to the Chapter. This person must also be a professional AMA member.
- SUBMIT OFFICER REPORT FORM A with Faculty Advisor and (future) Chapter President info.
- SUBMIT STUDENT MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION and payment $47/per student (an annual fee)
- Submit a CONSTITUTION outlining how the Chapter will operate (Don’t worry, we provide you with a template to get started!)
- Submit the petition, constitution, Officer Report Form, the membership applications and applicable fees, and a one-time $50 affiliation fee to AMA for approval and processing.
- If everything is in order, we’ll send you a Chapter Charter, recruitment and promotion materials, and helpful tools to assist you in Chapter management.
By affiliating with AMA, you agree to complete three required reports each year to remain affiliated. The Officer Report Form, Chapter Plan, and Annual Report.
Much of the benefit of starting an AMA chapter also lies in the activities the local chapter pursues, and the leadership opportunities available to the students in running those activities.
A collegiate chapter may be started at any time throughout the year. It takes roughly 2-3 weeks from the time of receipt of materials at AMA to process and confirm the chapter affiliation.
American Marketing Association
311 S. Wacker Dr., Suite 5800
Chicago, IL 60606
Join the over 300 AMA Collegiate Chapters already in existence, and take your marketing to the next level! Questions? Call 800.AMA.1150
For questions about becoming a member of the AMA, contact email@example.com.
Join the over 300 AMA Collegiate Chapters already in existence, and take your marketing to the next level!
Questions about become a Collegiate AMA Chapter? Call 800.AMA.1150
Questions about being a member with AMA New Jersey? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.