To provide the best support and value for our members, AMA Support Center (the national AMA) is simplifying its membership structure to coincide with the release of a new digital platform. Along with a new, redesigned website, AMA.org will have refreshed blog content and updated member & chapter resources. Managing your membership will also be simpler. Here’s how:
Only Two Options
AMA currently has multiple membership types: Professional, Academic, Doctoral, or Young Professional. With the transformation, it will be simplified to either Member or Student Member.
Members will only have to pay one flat rate per year that also includes dues to the home chapter: $300. The AMA Support Center is also eliminating application and rejoining fees. For Student Members, dues will remain unchanged with a one-year Student Member rate of $50 + chapter dues ($10 for NJ).
As a current member, your expiration date will not change and remains the last day of the month. If you are enrolled in auto-renew, that will process on the day of your membership expiration. New membership expiration dates are changing and will be based on joining date. For example, someone who becomes a member on April 6, 2019, will have an expiration date of April 5, 2020.
The AMA Support Center plans to launch everything (website, database, membership structure) simultaneously on Monday, February 11. To allow for proper transition between the AMA’s old and new platforms, there will be a multi-day blackout period on AMA.org from February 1 – 11. During this time, you will be unable to renew your membership, make purchases like conference registrations, or update your profile or contact information. All other AMA.org content will be available during this time.
Renew by January 30 and save $30 with this discount code: EARLYRENEW
Show me the Benefits!
There’s so many reasons to become a member of AMA. Check out some of our favorite perks.
BENEFITS OF AMA NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Access to Timely & Current Marketing Information
- Members-only content through www.ama.org
- Access to industry and discipline-specific white papers
- Access to industry and discipline-specific publications
- Members-only webcasts and podcasts
- AMA e-Newsletters
- AMA Marketer’s Toolkit
Marketing Conferences & Training
- Significant discounts on all national AMA events, including conferences and Training Series
AMA Industry Publications
- FREE subscription to Marketing News
- FREE subscription to another AMA published specialty magazine or journal of your choice
Exclusive Marketing Career Resources and Certification
- Access to the The Career Resource Center on AMA.org, where you can find hundreds of marketing job postings, career tips and strategies, interview and resume guidelines, an “ask-the-expert” panel, and more
- 30% off the Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) program
BENEFITS OF AMA NJ MEMBERSHIP
- Opportunities for networking with top marketing professionals from across the New Jersey area in both casual and professional situations
- Discounts of up to 100% off admission to a full calendar of local marketing events
- Insightful local events featuring some of the most experienced marketers in the area addressing cutting-edge topics
- Members-Only Access to the AMA NJ Professional Development Series, designed to provide you with the tools and guidance needed to refresh and renew you as a marketing professional: “New Year, New You”
- Significant volunteer opportunities through AMA NJ programming and committee involvement to boost your visibility, credibility and skill-set