**You must be a current AMA NJ member to be considered for this role**
Interested in spotlighting your talents to New Jersey's top marketing professionals? Are you looking to grow professionally and personally? Do you enjoy being part of a team that is talented, fun, and collaborative? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, read on!
Join the American Marketing Association NJ as a volunteer on our Programming & Events Committee as the AVP, Programming & Events.
This position reports to the VP, Programming & Events.
- Collaborates with the VP, Programming & Events to develop relevant, timely programming that aligns with the budget and organizational goals, encourages engagement and retention, and leads to organizational growth
- Assists VP, Programming & Events with recruiting, managing, supporting the volunteers on Programming & Events Committee and subcommittees
- Manages event logistics timely and effectively and ensures all deadline requirements are met
- Develops, implements, and tracks programming plan and budget
- Negotiates with all vendors to ensure the organization is paying competitive, group or non-profit rates
- Identifies ticket prices for AMA NJ events, with an eye on optimal ROI
- Works collaboratively with VP, Sponsorship and/or President on program sponsorship needs, ensuring sponsors are supported with items detailed in their agreement
- Works collaboratively with VP, Communications and VP, Membership, ensuring details needed for program communication are available and executed in a timely, widely publicized fashion
- Keeps VP, Programming & Events and the President informed on programs and any other necessary committee updates at all times
Time commitment and reporting requirements:
- Serves approximately 10-12 hours per month, depending on the time of year
- Assists VP with overseeing volunteers on the Programming & Events Committee
- Collaborates with VP to create committee goals and KPI’s
- Attends a minimum of 3 chapter events and programs (free or discounted price)
- Attends monthly board meetings and reporting out on progress (if VP of committee is unavailable)
- Lead/attend and organize weekly or biweekly committee calls/meetings and provide committee reports (day/time determined by VP and AVP)