As marketing professionals, staying updated with the latest trends and strategies in the industry is crucial for success. Recently, I had the privilege of attending the virtual 2023 AMA Content Marketing Conference, where I gained valuable insights and knowledge from some of the brightest minds in the field. I summarized some key takeaways in this article, but there is more to share! Read on for a few more tips from this inspired attendee! 🙋🏼♀️
Leverage Existing Resources:
- There are still possibilities, even with limited budgets. You don’t need a fortune or a large crew to create compelling content, especially in this day and age where a cell phone camera and an idea can take you far!
- You don’t need to initiate all activations for your content. Partner with initiatives that align with your brand and maximize resources.
- If your smaller effort on a limited budget can deliver results, you may even make the case for a budget to scale up next time!
- Don’t spend time overthinking your copy. Remember that “marketing” is often a language for marketers, and your goal is to connect with your audience. If you take the time to know your audience, the copy for your content should come with ease.
- Leverage technology and templates to streamline content production.
A Little Extra Effort Goes A Long Way:
- Design Effort: It is worth the time to develop style guides and pattern libraries to maintain consistency in your content. This will be some legwork upfront, but will make future content development quick and efficient.
- Date Effort: Stay connected with your research team and listen to their findings on your audience so you can remain successful.
- Collaborative Effort: Repurpose and remix existing content creatively for different channels and audiences. This also means collaborating across your own organization to find production efficiencies where you can.
Consider Pillar-Based Marketing for SEO:
- Move away from guesswork and focus on data-driven content creation.
- Discover what topics are high value, and use that as an angle to inspire your content.
- Use these topics as the heroes and develop a variety of deliverables for different channels and content types that support those hero topics. This can help you achieve organic success in SEO.
The 2023 AMA Content Marketing Conference provided a wealth of insights and strategies to sharpen the tools in our marketing toolbox. Whether virtual or in person, attending industry events is always worthwhile if you go in with an open mind and willingness to consider new ways of thinking and creating! Both AMA and AMA New Jersey offer its members a variety of opportunities to learn and grow. Check out these events and resource pages to find your next source of inspiration:
Not a member yet? Click here to join us!